I did this survey a long, long time ago, so I thought I'd give it another go!
• Who did you first cosplay as?
Tohru Honda from Fruits Basket
• When and where did you first cosplay?
Holiday Anime Faire (Fremont, CA) in 2005
• When and where was the last time you cosplayed?
NorCal Spring Gathering
• Who have you cosplayed as in the past?
Tohru Honda (Fruits Basket)
Riza Hawkeye (Fullmetal Alchemist)
Edward Elric (Fullmetal Alchemist)
L Lawliete (Death Note)
Mihael "Mello" Keehl (Death Note)
Misa Amane (Death Note)
Mario (Super Mario Bros.)
Triela (Gunslinger Girl)
Villager (Animal Crossing)
White Mage (Final Fantasy I)
Miria Harvent (Baccano!)
Franziska von Karma (Ace Attorney: Investigations: Miles Edgeworth)
Yoko Littner (Tengan Toppa Gurren Lagann)
Swimmer Girl (Pokemon)
Cat Girl (Original)
• Who is your favourite person to cosplay as?
Ho-Oh. Not really a person, but whatever.
• Who do you REALLY wanna cosplay as?
So. Many. Things.
• How many of your friends cosplay?
Uh. A good amount, haha.
• Have you ever walked around in public in your cosplay outfit?
• Have people in public ever recognised you and asked for photos?
• Have you ever made your own cosplay outfit?
I make a majority of them.
• When and where did you first learn of cosplay?
At my first anime con, Comic Arts & Anime Teen Expo (CAAT) (Fremont, CA) 2005
• What did you think of it then?
Cool, looks like fun!
• What do you think of it now?
Ugh, so much work. Still fun though!
• Where do you usually cosplay?
Conventions and gatherings
• Have you ever done a cosplay skit on stage?
Hmm. Once a long time ago, but it was pretty embarrassing. Not because I don't like performing, just the skit itself was embarrassing.
• Have you ever won a prize for said skit?
Never for a skit, but I've won awards for construction.
• Do you plan your cosplay outfits waaay before you're meant to wear them?
Well yeah, otherwise they'd never get made.
• Have you ever been to a convention and cosplayed?
• What is the best thing about cosplay?
The creativity and social aspects.
• What is the worst thing about cosplay?
The elitism and cattiness that comes with any hobby, especially a visual one like cosplay.
• Why do you cosplay?
I think I like the creativity and problem-solving skills the most. Plus, getting stopped for photographs at cons makes me feel like a celebrity. All in all, it's just good fun.