Chi's Dress (Day Fifty-Three)

I worked more on Chi's dress today. A lot more. This is probably the most detailed project I've ever done, and I'm not even making it from scratch, I'm just altering something.

So, I added some ruffles to the back of it to match the train of the dress. I did some detailing with black ribbons as well (I felt like it needed more black than just the bow in the front). And I ran out of lace T_T It was nice lace too. I have about six inches left of the five yards I started with. Never in my life did I ever think I would wear five years of lace. Doesn't even look like five yards...

Even though this dress is not an exact replica of Chi's dress, I am so proud of it. I love it's design (my mom helped a little with that), and I'm so proud of my creativity with it's design and the materials I had.

I can't decide if I'm done with it yet, I want to do more, but I'm not sure what. I may work on the fit of the dress some more, though that'll be hard now that it's one giant ball of POOF.

I'm also really glad that with it's new design, I don't have to wear a petticoat with it. Petticoats are ITCHY! No fun.

So now what I have to do is get a new wig (hopefully I good-quality one), Make the ears (which I'm really looking forward to for some reason) buy and possibly alter a pair of wight thigh-high leggings, and somehow get ahold of some bloomers. I hope they're easy to make, because I think the only place that'd have those would be a second-hand shoppe, and let's face it, ew.

1 comment:

  1. I'm usually comfortable in petticoats. o-o;;

    D: Congrats on the Chi dress!! ^~^!!! I can't wait to see it...
    Oh and my first costume consisted of bloomers. They actually weren't too hard. You just kind of use a shorts pattern but make them over sized, then you gather the waist and the leg holes with spandex to make them hug onto you :D

    ReplyDelete