Stolen from Shiek le Cosplayer (Survey)

• Who did you first cosplay as?
Tohru Honda from Fruits Basket

• When and where did you first cosplay?
Holiday Anime Faire (Fremont, CA) in 2006

• When and where was the last time you cosplayed?
SacAnime Winter, January 9th, 2010

• Who have you cosplayed as in the past?
Tohru Honda (Fruits Basket)
Amaterasu (Okami
Chi (Chobits)
Riza Hawkeye (Fullmetal Alchemist)
Edward Elric (Fullmetal Alchemist)
L Lawliete (Death Note)
Mihael "Mello" Keehl (Death Note)
Misa Amane (Death Note)
Mario (Super Mario Bros.)
Triela (Gunslinger Girl)
Pikachu (Pokemon)
Cat Girl (Original)
Marionette (Original)
Ninja (Original)

• Who is your favourite person to cosplay as?

Amaterasu, for sure.

• Who do you REALLY wanna cosplay as?
Ugh, the list is endless. I can't even choose my next costume.

• How many of your friends cosplay?
Other than people I regularly talk to online? 4 =]

• Have you ever walked around in public in your cosplay outfit?
Oh, of course. I have to get to conventions somehow. It's not so bad, if you don't mind rude stares or comments.

• Have people in public ever recognised you and asked for photos?
Only at cons. I don't go many places in very recognizable costumes. Though I've had a strong urge for a while now to go to the mall dressed as Mario.

• Have you ever made your own cosplay outfit?
I make a majority of them, yes =] And I'm very proud of myself for that.

• When and where did you first learn of cosplay?
At my first anime con, Comic Arts & Anie Teen Expo (CAAT) (Fremont, CA) 2006

• What did you think of it then?
Totally. Wicked. Awesome!

• What do you think of it now?
The coolest thing EVAR! =D

• Where do you usually cosplay?
Only at conventions. Though a couple of time to school. <3 college.

• Have you ever done a cosplay skit on stage?
Once. It was mediocre at best, and totally and completely made up on stage *applauds improvising* but it was still really fun, and the audience had a great reaction.

• Have you ever won a prize for said skit?
Not for a skit, but I've won three prizes for walk-ons =]

• Do you plan your cosplay outfits waaay before you're meant to wear them?
Yes. Wayyyy ahead of time.

• Have you ever been to a convention and cosplayed?
Many times =] It's probably the most fun I've ever had.

• What is the best thing about cosplay?
Showing off, haha. And expressing my creative skillzors.

• What is the worst thing about cosplay?
Elitist cosplayers and cosplayers who don't even try. Boy, that statement was contradictory.

• Why do you cosplay?
I think I like the creativity and problem-solving skills the most. Plus, getting stopped for photographs at cons makes me feel like a celebrity. All in all, it's just good fun.

2 comments:

  1. XD You're right! It's pretty awesome feeling like a celebrity at cons!!! Heeheeee...

    Do people really stop you at AOD? I mean, it's a small con..so I'm just wondering if there's still lots of fangirls/fanboys. :3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, apparently they're doing this "Hall Cosplay" contest too...so those who don't win the actual contest are still being entered to win another prize.... I mean, I still probably won't win considering I'll be as Ayame and his outfit is frickin' easy...they'll probably think I bought it, which I didn't :(!!!

    but yeah.......EurobeatKing? Hmm, I thought he couldn't make it to this one. He's taken pictures of my Chelsea outfit before. He's pretty nice ^~^;

    We'll see though. I'm really excited to just run around the cool hotel and japantown itself! We'll have to get pics together too---even though we're not from the same thing xD!

    ReplyDelete