Miles Scrapped (Days 340 - 350)

I think I'm getting worse about posting. And I'm certainly running out of titles that say "I did nothing, sorry."

The Miles Edgeworth cosplay that my boyfriend was going to wear to Yaoi Con has been put on hold, if not scrapped altogether. We failed to find a red men's suit or a blue men's vest. Hoping that all was not for naught, we bought a pant pattern (I've never made pants before) at the thrift store for 69 cents (I just discovered their fabulous pattern section), and headed off to the fabric store to do some budgeting.

If I were to make the entire Mile's Edgeworth (18-year-old) costume, it'd mean making a jacket, pants, and a vest. I already have the fabric for the neck rufflies and the undershirt is just a white t-shirt. While this doesn't sound like a lot, taking into consideration the lining of at least the jacket and the pants, we were looking at about 10 yards of fabric. Plus there's a plethora (16!) giant buttons. Our end result (including tax on all but the buttons) was $83. If we had started right after Fanime (like I wanted to!) that would have been easy. But. With Yaoi-Con two weeks away, there's no way we could scrape together the money. And I had already promised to pay for his wig (which I estimated at about $50) so I'm pretty tapped for cash too.

On a side note, at the fabric store, we found out that the fabric that we used to make my boyfriend's Hideki jacket now has a label on it that says "may cause cancer." Fantastic. Next time I go to there, I'll write down the name of the fabric and the brand and post a proper warning here. In any case, I'm considering remaking his jacket for Fanime. This saddens me because I'm still so proud of that Hideki jacket. It wasn't terribly hard to make, but it had some snags and still turned out flawlessly in my eyes. *sniffle* And I'll probably end up throwing it away now.

All of that being said, I still plan to cosplay Franziska von Karma (13-year-old) to Yaoi-Con. I still need to finish the ruffles, gem, buttons, and coat (/long vest). It doesn't sound like much but somehow.. It's daunting. I think it's the buttons that are intimidating me. They must be exactly the same or I'll freak out every time I look at them. And I'm still overwhelmed with school.

No comments:

Post a Comment