Nerd Rage! (Day 358)

Wheee! So I went to JoAnn's to get the ribbon I needed for Franziska's long vest, the FIMO (Sculpey) that I needed for Franziska's neck jewel, and some new fabric for Franziska's neck ruffly.

By some miracle, they actually had the exact ribbon that I've been looking months for. *headdesk* I wonder how long that was there...

I'm pretty happy with the FIMO that I got. The blue I chose is the exact same blue that I used for the buttons. I actually think it's supposed to be a lighter blue, but they didn't have anything like that and I'm not up to painting it. For the trim or whatever that is around it, I got a metallic brown/orange. It's not exactly what I envisioned, but I like it a lot anyway. It seems more realistic.

For the new neck ruffly, I got a thicker fabric than I got before. I don't like the texture as much (seeing as there isn't much in the way of texture at all), and it is a little heavier, but it stands up on its own more so I should be able to get the volume I want without all the extra weight or the tons of layers and ruffles the first one needed.

After JoAnn's, I went home and started again on Franziska's long vest. First I had to take off the failed yellow ribbon that I had started months ago. When I did it, I somehow managed to cut it too short and pieced together parts of it, so it wasn't one long piece all the way around. And that just wouldn't do, so I took it all off. Then about halfway into it, I ran out of Heat 'n' Bond no-sew Hem! Oh noes!

So back to JoAnn's it was! I also got those little concealing flower petal thingies as Franziska's design doesn't allow me to wear a bra, and that was quite evident when it got, umm.. Chilly. I just wish that there was some way that I could still get support. =/

In addition, I learned about the many types of Heat 'n' Bond. Not that I understand all of them, I just now know that there's more than one type in addition to different widths. I stuck with the "hem" kinda because it's the kind that I know how to use. There was a "decorative" kind, which is probably what I needed, but it's too late in the game to learn how to use a new kind. The directions were a little different.

Anyway! Back home again, I finished applying the yellow parts and began sewing. Ah, everything went beautifully until the lining went in. I always seem to mess this part up and then can never remember how I did it the last time. I've made two vests and a jacket with lining and I still can't get it right.. Hmmm... At this point, I gave up. It's too late to think about how to fix it. I've had a long day, and I'll deal with it tomorrow.

But no matter! I made more progress today! *clapity clap*

No comments:

Post a Comment

There was an error in this gadget