Maid Aqua Progress (Days 862 - 868)

The ruffles on my Aqua apron are almost too cute. This picture really does not do them justice, they're just so cute, I don't even know what to do. They're not even finished, they're just pinned.

For the ruffle, I bought ribbon instead of fabric or bias tape because it was cheaper. I began by hemming the edges. I accidentally bought ribbon with wire in it, but it ended up working out in the end. At first I thought I'd be able to gather the ribbon using the wire, but then the ribbon started to slip off of the wire. I couldn't get the wire entirely out, so Plan B was to sew next to the wire and gather it that way. Plan B turned out to be genius, and the ribbon automatically gathered as I sewed it.

When I went to attach the ribbon, not only did I pin it backwards, but I also hemmed the edges on opposite sides, and of course the ribbon was too long, but that's not too much of an issue, as I'll just trim it to fit. I re-pinned the ribbon the right way and then left it at that, since I was no longer in the mood to sew.

I have about a week to finish Maid Aqua for a Kingdom Hearts Maids group at Kin-Yoobi Con 2012's Cosplay Cafe. For a while, I wasn't sure if I was going to be able to make it to the cafe, I thought I might be staffing another event, but it turns out I'm not, so that worked out well. I'm really excited for this now, and hopefully I'll finish soon! All I have left is to add the ruffle to the apron, hem the bow, make the skirt, and glue the pin onto the back of the nametag.

No comments:

Post a Comment