HUZZAH! (Days 404 & 405)

I got my dress form today! It arrived at JoAnn's a couple of days ago, but we finally picked it up today. I don't know if I'm allowed to use it yet though, since it's technically my Christmas present. Of course, my dress form needs a name, and she is female. I'm tempted to name her Rikku, for no real reason whatsoever, other than maybe the fact that Sheik-chan is working on a Rikku cosplay, so I keep seeing the name pop up every now and then. I haven't played Final Fantasy, but I do like the name. =]

In other news, I've been talking to my friend Kris about lolita, and about me possibly getting into lolita. I love the style, even if I haven't fully grasped it yet, it's just intimidating because of the elitists (and the price). She's really helped me out a lot and answered all of my little newbie questions. She really put me at ease about the whole thing and sort of simplified it somehow. She directed me to this site: LolitaFashion.org, which I've found before but didn't know how much to rely on. It lists a bunch of different types of lolita and explains the style. I'm still looking into which style(s) suit me, and which I'm more interested in, but currently I most like sweet, country, sailor, and wa lolita. I'll admit, I like the ones that look more costume-y, which probably comes from my love of cosplay, but I know that lolita is completely separate from cosplay, and I intend to do it right. If I do get really into lolita, I'll start a separate blog for it so that the two don't get confused.

Also, I came up with a two-month plan to gain weight. Yup, gain. I'm about 20lbs underweight, and quite frankly, I'm tired of being made fun of for it. I'm not going to lie, I like being skinny. So gaining weight is going to be hard, not just physically, but emotionally. I've been small for as long as I can remember, so this is a big change. An extra 20lbs will still have me on the thin side, but I'll be a healthy BMI. I'm working toward a BMI of 18.9, which is on the low side still. I'm tracking my weight in pounds as well, but this is more about the BMI.

What I don't understand is that even though a ton of people have made fun of my for being skinny, when I announced on facebook that I was going to gain weight, a lot of the same people asked "why?" and made me feel like they were putting me down for doing it. I know that the media praises being skinny, but when people make fun of me for being skinny, and then discourage me from losing weight, it makes me feel like they want me to stay this way so that they can continue to make fun of me.Anyway, anyone who makes fun of me after I gain weight, is nothing but a jealous fatty. =P

So my weight gain plan is based on what my diet is lacking, hydration, and exercise. I wont' get into it, because this isn't that kind of blog, but I'm fairly confident that this will work, despite having next to no experience in nutrition, and not having a doctor look over it. Doctor's always told me "eat more" which doesn't do anything except give me a stomach ache. Anyway, this weight-gain process is going to span over two months, the last day is January 30th, and it's just maintaining it from there. You can be sure that I'll blog about this again, especially since I'll probably be 20lbs heavier by AOD! Here's hoping!

As for real cosplay progress: there was none. I bought more fleece for an 8-hat order I've got. I'm supposed to have them all done by Saturday. AHAHA! Yeah, not going to happen at this rate. But we'll see. =]

No comments:

Post a Comment