Live & Learn... (Day 129)

So AOD taught me a couple of things. First off, no more entering costume contests by myself. It's dreadfully boring. Sure, there's other people around, but they're all discussing their own skits and performances. And there's really no one to "SQUEE" with if / when you win. You just sit there by yourself while everyone around you talks to their friends. I mean, that's not to say I was completely ignored, the girls near me did talk to me a little bit =] They were very nice, but it's just not the same as when there's someone there that you know. I dunno, maybe it's just because I'm an introvert and very shy.

Also, Comfort > Everything. Always. I mean, really. I'm not even sure I want to wear my full Amaterasu again because I was in so much pain by the end of AOD. I'll wear it to Fanime once for sure, but after that, I'll have to think long and hard about it. I definitely have to do some tweaking to the mask no matter what though. It just puts too much pressure on my forehead...

And, bad planning and coordination can ruin anything. Referring of course to the costume contest. I'm just taking what I saw and applying it to when I run one later this year though. I'm actually worried about Emceeing now.. I forgot, Emcees have to be funny =/ Or at least moderately entertaining. I'll probably just end up thinking on the fly and pulling stuff out of you-know-where to try and be funny. And if I bomb, hey, who really cares? xP I'll just go home and cry later LOL. *sigh*

No more conventions until Fanime o.o I might go to the Cherry Blossom Festivale in San Fransisco, but not in costume... Definitely not in costume. Unless I come up with something that would be comfortable in both warm and cold weather, because weather is so unpredictable in SF! I'm rambling.

I'm seriously considering (again) starting a separate "Convention" blog. Then I can move a lot of stuff over there. Yes? No? Maybe? Perhaps? I feel like I had more to say, but I guess I'll save it for tomorrow.

1 comment:

  1. Awwwwww! Well maybe for Fanime your cosplay group/friends will be up on stage with ya! ^~^!

    Oh yeah, I was thinking about the Cherry blossom festival too! I'm not sure, but my friends and I might go for spring break--since it's during spring break over here. :] We were thinking of either Pokemon Gijinka or Harvest Moon costumes but we might just have to wear something we already have because...I don't know if I will be able to afford another costume since I have my Fanime ones to work on. T-T

    ReplyDelete