Gah! (Days 279 - 291)

I'm getting worse and worse about posting. Probably because I'm getting worse and worse about cosplaying. I've been really ridiculously swamped with Kin-Yoobi coming up in a week, as well as some other stuff. However, I have been making a selling Pokemon hats. To date, I've sold 5 hats (two Drifloons, a Mew, a Lugia, and a Squirtle). I really loved that Squirtle and that Lugia.. I made another Squirtle to sell at the con, but that Lugia was so much work (probably why I loved it so much), I don't think I'll be able to make another one for the con. We'll see.

Kin-Yoobi meetings this Tuesday and Thursday, wouldn't be surprised if we meet Wednesday too for goo measure. Somewhere in there I have to make a batch of sugar cookies, two cakes, and a bunch of cupcakes for Kin-Yoobi's cosplay cafe... Yup. This will be an interesting time management challenge. I also have to keep making hats. I have at least six more to make, but 12 if I still want to do all of the ones I originally planned to do (chyeah, not gonna happen). I worry that I may sell out at the con, but.. Oh well. At least then I'll have MONAY! Monay is nice...

Speaking of money, I just put down money for a wig at a local wig shop called Martin's Beauty Supply. this store is a personal favorite of mine for a few reasons. First, it's the only wig store I've shopped at other than the Halloween store (and we just won't talk about Halloween store wigs..). Second, they give me amazing deals. When I bought my Chi wig, it was supposed to be $60 - $70, but when I told them that that was a little out of my price range, they gave it to me for $55. Also, styling is included with the wig purchase, so essentially free. In addition to all of that awesomeness, I have a friend that cosplays whose name is Martin xD.

Anyway, the wig is for my Pikachu costume, which seems to be, err, well, evolving as time goes on (LOL). For those who haven't seen (which hopefully is most people), my Pikachu costume started out as a pair of jeans, a yellow t-shirt, ears, and a tail. I've since gone through three pairs of ears, and my newest Pikachu version is turning out to look something like a Pika-maid. And to think I used to dislike Pika-maids, though my opinion of them changed long before I became one myself. In all honesty, my Pikachu probably would've stayed at it's last stage (as seen at Fanime 2010) if it weren't for the fact that part of my purpose at Kin-Yoobi is, well, eye candy. Which is very flattering, and believe it or not, not offending in the least to me, haha. I rather enjoy being trophied, so this works out well for me. I don't think the Pika-maid will become a regular thing unless it gets a really good response from both guys and girls. I for some reason thought that my last version of Pikachu would get more negative attention from girls (mainly because it involves short shorts and heels), but the response was quite positive ^-^ So that's the version that will probably stay.

In other news, I'm addicted to Super Mario Galaxy. Yup. That's about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment